The European Technician in Visual Merchandising, Fashion and Retail Product course prepares you to be an internal communication strategist, an essential piece to achieve an optimal commercial atmosphere and convert the point of sale in an aesthetic and functional environment. The training program allows you to acquire the necessary capabilities to develop and implement sales actions at the point of sale, improve your attitudes and professional skills, as well as your theoretical and technical capabilities in visual selling.
The professional profile of the visual merchandising is of great importance for companies since it is responsible for the image and the visual positioning of the brand, from the layout of the commercial area until the implementation of product, the environment, the atmosphere of the space to the strategies and marketing actions at the point of sale. He knows consumer psychology and is able to apply it on the sale of products or services.
Ártidi forms passionate and creative professionals able to change the consumer’s perception, at the same time than looking for innovation to achieve the positioning of the brand and an increase the sales; visual merchandising are professionals who use their five senses, because their responsibility is to create a concept store to meet the customer’s expectations.
The TQA is an exclusive course consisting of an Ártidi own degree with national and international scope recognized by ASEMAIC, ACAP, and Trends School.
In addition, SQA has also served to lay the groundwork for the professional qualification of COMMERCIAL IMPLEMENTATION OF SPACES defined by the Catalan Institute of the Professional Qualifications of the Generality of Catalonia (ICQP).
The European Technician in Visual Merchandising, Fashion and Retail Product course has 415 hours, is divided into 2 training modules and a final project that combines theory with practice. Each of these modules includes a percentage of hours aimed at expanding complementary knowledge (CACC) which assesses the work of the students in each of our projects.
Theoretical and practical module which aims to train in the techniques for the development of global visual merchandising projects from a commercial, functional, aesthetic and competitive point of view.
Retail & Visual Merchandising
• Management and creation of strategic visuals.
• Inertia of the product and the space.
• Implementation and redistribution of spaces based on of the laws of the visual.
• Planning and zoning of the visual presentations.
• Families of products, complementary products and cross-selling.
• Creating commercial atmospheres and environments.
• New cultures in visual merchandising and visual selling tools.
• Retail & visual merchandising projects through examples.
Product placement in Visual Merchandising
• The management and organization of the product, in function of the commercial space.
• The product as street art.
• Presentation based on the brand strategies.
• New trends in product’s implementation.
• POS (Point of Sale) optimization: redisplay of the product in the furniture.
• Product placement and product diversification.
Fashion placement: Visual compositions in store.
• Dubbing of clothing as a sales strategy.
• New techniques of dubbing by dummies (mannequins) .
• The focus point as the reinterpretation of the product in the space.
• Implementation and exposure of garments at the furniture exhibition.
• Creative ways: design versus art- click here
The shop assistant’s training at the point of sale
• Trends and styles in fashion.
• Image Consulting: Concepts in lines, shapes and colors, fabrics and materials.
• Cool-hunter at the point of sale.
• The assistant store manager.
The shops of the future
• New trends in merchandising: Visual space, visual trade & visual hot.
• Sensory branding applied to the shopping process.
• Sales of life marketingtechniques - click here
Theoretical and practical module whose goal is to analyze marketing techniques aimed at the point of sale. Taking into account the target, the brand and the product the students will learn to implement the tools necessary for the profitability of the company.
Implementation of brand and strategic merchandising
• Implementation of own brands or franchises.
• The role of the visual merchandiser in trade marketing.
• Analysis tools at a strategic and visual level.
• Rankings of sales and analysis templates.
• Applied strategic communication: Analysis of cases - MANGO and BOBOLI
Branding, Image and Corporate Identity
• The power of a brand and branding principles.
• Communication strategies and brand awareness.
• Cool-hunting and trend analysis.
• Elements of the image and form of the visual message.
• The perception of the image and visual techniques.
• Alternative communication actions: Buzz marketing, Cross marketing and Street marketing- click here
• Importance of the window dressing.
Creativity applied to innovation
• The production of ideas and creative interventions.
• Techniques for promoting your personal brand with creativity.
• To get answers you need to do things differently.
• Useful and practical tools to exploit your creativity.
• How to unlock and argue the performance of creative potential.
Light, concept and form
• Systems and methods of illumination and light sources.
• Influence of light depending on the type of product.
• The importance of lighting in commercial spaces.
• Lighting projects through examples.
Pop up Stores: guerrilla stores
• How and when to create a Pop up Store - click here
• Manipulation of space.
• The importance of the dissemination on the media.
• Brands and designers such as potential customers.
Professional development and brand self
• Orientation and career opportunities.
• Budget presentation
• Auto marketing, personal marketing.
Analysis of commercial spaces. AVEC technic
To complete the academic formation it is necessary to develop a creative and innovative project where all theoretical and practical knowledge are applied.
The final project’s presentation can be done in person at school or through video conferencing. This second option is aimed at those students who develop the final project in their home city.
The date of submission and the specific contents will be confirmed once the FINAL PROJECT classes start.
• Briefing and contra briefing.
• Mentored phase of project.
• Presentation of the final proposal and approval of the mentor.
• Development and Installation the final project.
GROUPS OF SEPTEMBER TO FEBRUARY: Presentation of final projects last week of March.
GROUPS OF FEBRUARY TO JULY: Presentation of final projects last week of July or third / fourth week of September.
The program is taught in Spanish.
The plus represents 25% of the course content
• Ártidi is the only training center that has performed the professional qualifications with the ICQP (Official Agency of the Generalitat de Catalunya).
• Artidi’s teaching team consists of active professionals.
• Via the web ARTIDI WORKING, students have the opportunity to rent or sell the showcases/storefronts created during the course, allowing the promotion and recovery of the amount invested for new projects. ARTIDI WORKINGis located at the top of search engines like Google and Yahoo. - click here
• In Ártidi we annually conduct In-Company training to more than 20 companies from different sectors such as Nike, Adidas, Chambers of Commerce, Freipan among others. This contact with companies allows us to adapt our training programs to the reality of today's market and meeting the business’s needs.
• Ártidi offers optimal facilitiesfor the training in window dressing and visual merchandising (40 windows, pilot shop, equipped workshops, 3D design classroom, mannequins ... among other equipment) - click here
• Practice in the school ‘s store.
• Training shop assistants in relation to the maintenance of visual merchandising, image consultant and cool hunter.
• 8 out of 10 Graduated Storefront/Showcase Designers and Visual Merchandisers who serve as professionals have been trained in Ártidi.
• We allocate a portion of the annual budget for research, innovation and to renew our job board.
• At the end of the course a professional counselor advises students about job opportunities considering their studies; professional experience and personalized SWOT analysis.
• Ártidi is a leader in visual merchandising and window dressing so we have surpassed 200 appearances in several national and international media.
The faculty is comprised of working professionals with national and international professional recognition in different brands. A team that integrates training with business reality.
• José Luis Martínez(General Director of Ártidi and trainer of trainers at ICE of the University of Barcelona)
• Montse Morales(Creative Director of Ártidi and trainer of trainers at ICE of the University of Barcelona)
• Montse Cuenca(Expert window dresser, brand responsible of Boboli company)
• Dori Fernández(Expert in Marketing and alternative communication)
• David Gómez(Window dresser and Visual freelance)
• Monica Ibáñez(Visual image of Coordinator Trucco company)
• Jackeline Jorba(Window Dresser and Visual Freelance)
• Alexandra Proaño(Architect and Space Designer)
• Bea Parras(Designer, Window Dresser and visual)
• Mateu Farré(Industrial Designer, Window Dresser, Visual Freelance)
• Ona Lohse(Interior Designer, Window Dresser and Visual Freelance)
See the guidance department for each edition’s teachers.
• Lead and develop visual merchandising global actions.
• Application of innovative strategies and techniques to create trends at the point of sale.
• Apply creativity as a work tool.
• Conduct Studies and analysis of new trends, movements, and urban channels.
• Communication and implementation of new trends in the point of sale.
• Implementation of global commercial activities and / or ephemeral in commercial spaces.
• Presentation of products in points of sales and channels.
• Supervision of commercial activities within the point of sale.
• Carry out designs and 3D visual merchandising planograms.
Ártidi has agreements with over 90 partner companies with international and national recognition for training practices: Ikea, Escada, La Mallorquina, Inditex Group, Custo, LROptics, Adolfo Dominguez, Intersport, McGregor, Oysho, Reebok, Pronovias, Swatch, La Perla, Adidas and others.
The school organizes activities and events with large shopping centers, associations, fairs and markets, art galleries and businesses where student projects are exposed.
Qualifications:European Technician in Visual Merchandising.
Granted by Ártidi Advanced School of Window Dressing and Visual Merchandising. National and international professional competitions.
To achieve the SQA qualification European Expert on Window Dressing and Visual Merchandisingwill be required the TQA European Technician in Visual Merchandising+ TQA European Technician in Window Dressing + an Ártidi specialization course.
Aimed at trade, window dressing, merchandising, marketing, interior design, fashion styling professionals, image consultants and stakeholders without previous knowledge who wish to obtain training and a SQA ÁRTIDI certification to guide their career.
More information: Studies Department