The course European Technician in Strategic Window Dressing & Branding prepares you through proper technics and strategies to be capable to develop global window dressing and/or innovative branding projects. The training program gives you the tools to improve your skills, attitudes and professional aptitudes, as well as the technical and theoretical capabilities.
The window dresser’s professional profile is of great importance for the companies since the showcase is the direct presenter of the company whatever its commercial reason. Visual communication has a great weight on potential customers and the key to success is to know how to communicate with them.
Ártidi forms passionate and creative professionals, able to change the consumer’s perception while looking for innovation and enjoying their work.
The TQA is an exclusive Ártidi course and consists of an own degree with national and international competitions recognized by ASEMAIC, ACAP and Trends School.
Besides, TQA has also served to lay the groundwork for the professional qualification of COMMERCIAL SPACES IMPLEMENTATION defined by l'Institut Català de les Qualificacions Professionals of the Generalitat de Catalunya (ICQP).
The European Technician in Strategic Window Dressing & Branding course has duration of 160 hours. It is divided into 2 formative modules and a final project that combines theory wit practice. Each of these modules includes a percentage of hours aimed to the extension of complementary skills (CACC) which assesses the work of students in each of our projects.
This module counts with high practical content that aims to address global, innovative and creative projects, which showcase new trends. The possibility to build real shop windows allows the students a more competitive professional development.
Methodology and design in window dressing
• Window dressing and communication as selling points.
• Syntactic laws of visual and aesthetic language.
• Design and classification of shop windows based on different typologies.
• Storefronts or showcases as a diffuser of trends.
• Fusion between the world of art and sale -click here
• New trends: Interactive showcases - click here
• AINDAS: The consumer decision process
• Timing in the development of a storefront or showcase project.
Direction and artistic creation of shop windows
• The aesthetic dimension under a commercial goal.
• The idea, design and implementation.
• The process of a showcase preparation.
• Mounting techniques and strategies.
• Design and production of decorative elements.
• Planning and organization of tasks and work teams.
• Sales of life marketingtechniques -click here
Product Placement in Storefronts
• Presentation techniques depending on the target and brand.
• The urban life of the product.
• Effective presentation on the product.
• Brackets as dual-use items: aesthetic and functional.
• The visual aesthetics of the product.
• The composition of the different product lines: footwear, kitchenware, perfumes, jewelry, optical, pharmacy, etc.
Fashion and art mannequins
• Types of mannequins, busts and other formats.
• The mannequin in space: location and interpretation.
• Wiring, wrinkles, iron, pins and accessories.
• Development of looks based on the brand.
• Trends and innovative styling- click here
• Humanize the mannequin: hair & make up.
• Mannequin as an element of the exhibition.
Materials and dialogue with space
• Types of materials and construction techniques
• New materials: research and evolution.
• ECODESIGN: Sustainability in the window dressing.
• Durability and usefulness of materials.
• The cultural and emotional burden of materials.
• Design and construction of exhibition and commercial decorations.
Theoretical and practical module whose target is to analyze marketing techniques aimed at the point of sale. Taking into account the target, the brand and the product, students will learn to implement the tools necessary for the profitability of the company. As well as providing the basis for the design of a commercial space.
Branding, Image and Corporate Identity
• The power of a brand and the principles of branding.
• Communication and dissemination of branding strategies.
• The perception of the image and visual techniques
• Alternative communication actions: Buzz marketing, Cross marketing and Street marketing- click here
• The importance of visual merchandising
Art, design and color applied to the sale
• Fundamentals of the form: communication elements and Gestalt Theory
• Color: physical properties, color scales, harmonies and contrasts
Light, concept and form
• Systems and methods of lighting and light sources.
• Influence of light depending on the type of product.
• Importance of lighting in commercial spaces.
• Lighting projects through examples.
Creativity applied to innovation
• The production of ideas and creative interventions.
• Techniques for promoting your personal brand with creativity.
• To get answers you need to do things differently.
• Useful and practical tools to exploit your creativity.
• How to unlock and argue the performance of creative potential.
Professional development and brand self
• Orientation and career opportunities.
• Presentation of project and budgets.
• Auto marketing, personal marketing: you are the brand.
To complete the academic training it is necessary to develop a creative and innovative project where all theoretical and practical knowledge are applied...
The presentation of the final project can be done in person at school or through videoconference. This second option is aimed for those students who develop the final project in their home city.
The date for submission and the specific contents of the same will be confirmed once initiated the FINAL PROJECT classes.
• Briefing and contrabriefing.
• Mentored phase of the project.
• Presentation of the final proposal and approval of the Mentor.
• Development and assembly of the final project.
GROUPS FROM NOVEMBER TO FEBRUARY: Presentation of final projects last week of March.
GROUPS FROM MARCH TO JUNE: Presentation of final projects last week of July or third / fourth week of September.
The program is taught in Spanish.
The plus represents 25% of the course content
• Ártidi is the only training center that has performed the professional qualifications with the ICQP (Official Agency of the Generalitat de Catalunya).
• Ártidi teaching team consists of active professionals.
• Via the web ÁRTIDI WORKING, students have the opportunity to rent or sell the windows created during the course, allowing the promotion, recovery and investment of the economic amount perceived for new projects. ÁRTIDI WORKING is on the top positions of search engines like Google and Yahoo. -click here
• In Ártidi we annually performed In Company training to more than 20 companies of different sectors such as Nike; Adidas; Chambers of Commerce; Freipan among others. This contact with the companies allows us to adapt our training programs to the reality of today's market demand covering the needs of enterprises.
• Ártidi has optimal facilitiesfor the training of window dressing and visual merchandising (40 storefronts/showcases, pilot stores, equipped workshops, design 3D classroom, mannequins ... among other equipment) - click here
• A program which enhances creativity applied to innovation.
• Image consulting applied to mannequins.
• 8 of every 10 merchandisers and visual merchandiser’s graduates who work as professionals have been trained in Ártidi.
• We allocate a portion of the annual budget to research, innovation and renew our job.
• After completing the course, a professional counselor advises students about job opportunities considering their studies; professional experience and personalized SWOT analysis.
• Ártidi is a landmark leader in visual merchandising and window dressing so we have surpassed 200 appearances in various national and international media.
The faculty is composed of working professionals with national and international professional recognition in different brands. It is a team that integrates training with business reality.
• José Luis Martínez(General director of Ártidi and trainer of trainers at ICE of the University of Barcelona)
• Montse Morales(Creative Director of Ártidi and trainer of trainers at ICE of the University of Barcelona)
• Isis del Cueto(BA in Art History and a PhD in Audiovisual Communication)
• Dori Fernández(Expert in Marketing and alternative communication)
• David Gómez(Window dresser and Visual freelance)
• Jackeline Jorba(Window dresser and Visual freelance)
• Alexandra Proaño(Architect and space designer)
• Beatrice Vaccaro(Window dresser and Visual freelance)
• Xurxo Insua(Expert in Branding and Brand Image)
• Miriam Torres (Expert in Branding and Brand Image)
Check on the guidance department the teachers for each edition.
• Lead and develop global actions of window dressing.
• Apply creativity as a work tool.
• Studies and analysis of urban trends, movements, and channels.
• Mounting techniques and strategies for events and trade shows.
• Analysis, management and development of window dressing campaigns.
• Techniques of conceptual marketing applied to window dressing.
• Analyze the factors involved in the different targets and implementation of visual resources.
• Design, construction and assembly of projects and ephemeral decoration elements.
Ártidi has active agreements with more than 90 international and national business partners for their students to apply for internships like: Ikea, Escada, The Mallorcan, Inditex Group, Custo, LROptics, Adolfo Dominguez, Intersport, McGregor, Oysho, Reebok, Pronovias, Swatch, La Perla, Adidas and others.
The school organizes activities and events with large shopping centers, associations, fairs and markets, art galleries and businesses where student projects are exposed.
Qualifications: European Technician in Window Dressing.
Granted by Ártidi Advanced School of Window Dressing and Visual Merchandising, National and international professional competitions.
To achieve the SQA qualification European Expert on Window Dressing and Visual Merchandising it will be required to complete the TQA European Technician in Window Dressing + the TQA European Technician in Visual Merchandising + an Ártidi specialization course.
Aimed at trade, window dressing, merchandising, marketing, interior design, fashion styling professionals, image consultants and stakeholders without previous knowledge who wish to obtain training and a TQA ÁRTIDI certification to guide their career.
More information: Studies Department