The course European Superior Technician in Window Dressing and Visual Merchandising is a dual degree course conducted on weekends, designed for those who cannot combine intensive training. The course features a complete training plan and prepares you to be a professional capable to develop global projects related to sales in commercial spaces. The training program gives you the tools to improve your skills and professional aptitudes, as well as technical and theoretical capacities.
The professional profile of the Window Dresser and Visual Merchandiser is of great importance for businesses since it is responsible for the image and the internal and external visual positioning of the brand, from the creation of the showcase, distribution and implementation of the product, the atmosphere of the space, to the strategies and marketing actions at the point of sale. It is also capable to develop projects of ephemeral architecture, stands, scenography and Museology, as well as event management.
In Ártidi we form passionate professionals; creative and able to change the consumer’s perception, looking for innovation to achieve the brand’s positioning and an increase sales.
The TQA is an exclusive Ártidi course and consists of an own degree with national and international competitions recognized by ASEMAIC, ACAP and Trends School.
It has also served to lay the groundwork for the professional qualification of COMMERCIAL IMPLEMENTATION OF SPACES defined by l'Institut Català de les Qualificacions Professionals of the Generalitat de Catalunya (ICQP).
The Graduate of Technical Superior European Window Dressing and Visual Merchandising is conducted on weekends and lasts 240 hours. It is structured into 3 formative modules, 1 online module and a final project in which combines theory with practice. Each of these modules includes a percentage of hours aimed at expanding complementary skills (CACC) which assesses the work of the students in each of our projects.
This Module has high practical content that aims to address global, storefront projects showcasing innovative and creative new trends. The possibility to build real shop windows allows the students a more competitive professional development.
Methodology and design on window dressing
• Window dressing and communication as selling points.
• Syntactic laws of and visual aesthetic language.
• Design and classification of shop windows based on different typologies.
• Shop windows as a diffuser of trends.
• Fusion between the world of art and sale - clic here
• New trends: Interactive shop windows - clic here
• AINDAS: The consumer decision process.
• Timing in the development of a window dressing project.
• Sales techniques of life marketing- clic here
Direction and artistic creation of shop windows
• The idea, design and implementation.
• The process of making a storefront / showcase.
• Mounting techniques and strategies
• Planning and organizing of tasks and work teams
Product Placement In Storefronts and Showcases
• Presentation techniques depending on the target and the brand.
• The urban life of the product.
• Effective presentation by product.
• The composition of the different product lines: footwear, kitchenware, perfumes, jewelry, optical, pharmacy, among others.
Fashion and art in mannequins
• Types of mannequins, busts and other formats.
• The mannequin in space: location and interpretation.
• Wiring, wrinkles, iron, pins and accessories.
• Trends and innovative styling- clic here
Materials and dialogue with the space
• Types of materials and construction techniques
• ECO-DESIGN: Sustainability in the window dressing.
• Design and construction of exhibition and commercial decorations.
Module based on the theory and practice aiming to train in the techniques for the development of global visual merchandising projects from a commercial, functional, aesthetic and competitive point of view.
Retail & Visual Merchandising
• Management and creation of strategic visuals.
• Deployment and redistribution of spaces according to the laws of visual.
• Planning and zoning of visual presentations.
• Families of products, complementary products and cross-selling.
• New cultures in visual merchandising and selling visual tools.
• Retail & visual merchandising projects through examples.
Product placement in Visual Merchandising
• New trends in the article’s implementation.
• The product as street art.
• Optimizing POS (Point of Sale): redistribution of the product in the furniture.
• Product placement and product diversification.
Fashion placement: Visual compositions in stores.
• Dubbing of clothing as a sales strategy.
• Focus point as the reinterpretation of the product in the space.
• Implementation and exposure of garments in furniture.
• Creative ways: design versus art- clic here
Trends and styles in fashionÇ
• Concept in lines, shapes and colors, fabrics and materials.
• Analysis of the image through fashion
• Outfits depending on the target and brand
Three-dimensional representation of space
• Practical representation of storefronts, spaces, and store interiors.
• Design in 3D.
Theoretical and practical module aimed at analyzing marketing techniques addressed to the point of sale. As well as providing the basis for the design of commercial spaces. Taking into account the target, product and brand will learn to implement the tools necessary for profitability of the company.
Brand’s implementation and strategic merchandising
• Implementation of own brands or franchises.
• The role of the visual merchandiser in trade marketing.
• Applied strategic communication: Analysis of cases - MANGO and BOBOLI.
Creativity applied to innovation
• The production of ideas and creative interventions.
• Techniques for promoting your personal brand with creativity.
• To get answers you need to do things differently.
• Useful and practical tools to exploit your creativity.
• Unlocking and argue the performance of creative potential.
Art, design and color applied to sales
• Fundamentals of form: elements of communication and Gestalt Theory.
• Color: physical properties, color scales, harmonies and contrasts.
• Influences of design in the interior and exterior space.
• Artistic Avant-garde and contemporary art.
Pop up Stores: guerrilla stores
• How and when to create a Pop up Store - clic here
• Manipulation of space.
• The importance of the dissemination in the media.
• Brands and designers as potential customers.
Light, concept and form
• Systems and methods of lighting and light sources
• Influence of light depending on the type of product
• Importance of lighting in commercial spaces
• Lighting projects through examples
Commercial spaces analysis. AVEC technic
Through these online contents, the student complements his training in window dressing and visual merchandising. These contents are organized and are to be completed in the nine weekends of course duration.
• Design and creation of your professional blog
• Alternative communication actions: Buzz marketing, Cross marketing and Street marketing- clic here
• Corporate image and brand identity
• Branding and visual trends research.
• The submission process and project development.
• Advertising and branding.
• Consumer Psychology: Brain and buy.
• Stands: the brand communication at fairs.
• Research and trends analysis.
To complete the academic training it is necessary to develop a creative and innovative project where all theoretical and practical knowledge acquired on the course are applied.
The final project takes place on the last weekend of course.
The program is taught in Spanish.
• Ártidi is the only training center that has performed the professional qualifications with the ICQP (Official Agency of the Generalitat de Catalunya).
• Ártidi teaching team consists of active professionals.
• Via the web ARTIDI WORKING, students have the opportunity to rent or sell the showcases/storefronts created during the course, allowing the promotion and recovery of the amount invested for new projects. ARTIDI WORKINGis located at the top of search engines like Google and Yahoo. - click here
• In Artidi we annually conduct In-Company training to more than 20 companies from different sectors such as Nike, Adidas, Chambers of Commerce, Freipan among others. This contact with companies allows us to adapt our training programs to the reality of today's market and meeting the business’s needs.
• Ártidi offers optimal facilitiesfor the training in window dressing and visual merchandising (40 windows, pilot shop, equipped workshops, 3D design classroom, mannequins ... among other equipment) - click here
• 9 out of 10 companies support the SQA as the most appropriate training program to meet your needs.
• 8 out of 10 Graduated Storefront/Showcase Designers and Visual Merchandisers who serve as professionals have been trained in Ártidi.
• In 2009, the SQA has been awarded by the International Association of Window Dressing Community, as the most professional course in Europe.
• We allocate a portion of the annual budget to research, innovation and to renew our job board.
• At the end of the course a professional counselor advises students about job opportunities considering their studies; professional experience and personalized SWOT analysis.
• Ártidi is a leader in visual merchandising and window dressing so we have surpassed 200 appearances in several national and international media.
The faculty is composed of working professionals with national and international professional recognition in different brands. A team that integrates training with business reality.
• José Luis Martínez(General director of Ártidi and trainer of trainers at ICE of the University of Barcelona)
• Montse Morales(Creative Director of Ártidi and trainer of trainers at ICE of the University of Barcelona)
• Montse Cuenca(Expert window dresser, brand responsible of Boboli company)
• Isis del Cueto(BA in Art History and a PhD in Audiovisual Communication)
• Bea Parras(Designer, window dresser and visual)
• Mateu Farré(Industrial Designer, Window dresser, Visual Freelance)
• Dori Fernández(Expert in Marketing and alternative communication)
• David Gómez(Window dresser and Visual freelance)
• Monica Ibáñez(Visual image of Coordinator Trucco company)
• Alexandra Proaño(Architect and space designer)
• Jackeline Jorba(Interior designer, Window Dresser and Visual Freelance)
• Ona Lohse(Interior Designer, Window Dresser and Visual Freelance)
Check on the guidance department the teachers for each edition.
• Management and development of global actions of window-dressing and visual merchandising.
• Implementation of global and / or ephemeral commercial activities in trade spaces.
• Analysis, management and development of window-dressing and visual merchandising campaigns.
• Techniques and innovative strategies to create trends at the point of sale.
• Supervision of commercial activities within the point of sale.
• Analyze the factors involved in the different targets and implementation of visual resources.
• Creation of indoor and outdoor atmospheres at the point of sale.
• Organization and implementation of strategies and Visual Trade techniques.
Artidi has agreements with over 90 partner companies with international and national recognition for training practices: Ikea, Escada, La Mallorquina, Groupo Inditex, Custo, LROptics, Adolfo Dominguez, Intersport, McGregor, Oysho, Reebok, Pronovias, Swatch, La Perla, Adidas and others.
The school organizes activities and events with large shopping centers, associations, fairs and markets, art galleries and businesses where student projects are exposed.
Qualifications: European Technician in Window Dressing and Visual Merchandising
Granted by Artidi Advanced School of Window Dressing and Visual Merchandising. National and international professional competitions.
To achieve the SQA qualification European Expert on Window Dressing and Visual Merchandising it will be required to complete the TQA European Superior Technician in Window Dressing and Visual Merchandising + one Ártidi specialization course.
Aimed at trade, window dressing, merchandising, marketing, interior design, fashion styling professionals, image consultants and stakeholders without previous knowledge who wish to obtain training and a SQA ÁRTIDI certification to guide their career.
Del 23 de marzo al 11 de enero de 2020 - CURSO DE UN FIN DE SEMANA AL MES
23 y 24 de marzo
27 y 28 de abril
25 y 26 de mayo
29 y 30 de junio
13 y 14 de julio
28 y 29 de septiembre
19 y 20 de octubre
23 y 24 de noviembre
14 y 15 de diciembre
11 y 12 de enero de 2020
More information: Studies Department