The European Expert in Professional Image Consulting course prepares you to be a professional capable of developing global projects related to the image. The training program gives you the tools to improve your skills, attitudes and professional aptitudes, as well as theoretical and technical capabilities.
The Image Consultant acts personally, advising on style, beauty, etiquette, protocol and poise, reinforcing and improving the image and personality of the individual. At a business level, it acts as Advisor in professional image, branding, corporate identity and communication. Performs and coordinates events that position and differentiate companies.
Ártidi forms passionate and creative professionals able to change the consumer’s perception, at the same time than looking for innovation to achieve the positioning of the brand and an increase in sales.
The SQA is an exclusive course consisting of an Ártidi own degree with national and international scope recognized by ASEMAIC, ACAP, and Trends School.
The Master of European expert in Window-Dressing and Visual Merchandising has 415 hours, is structured in 4 training modules and a final project that combines theory with practice. Each of these modules includes a percentage of hours aimed at expanding complementary knowledge (CACC) which assesses the work of the students in each of our projects.
What about the image? What we reflect with our appearance and the way we dress? In this module you will learn to analyze what reflects our image and to propose the necessary changes to improve it through the process of counseling.
The image, mirror of the soul
• What about the image? The imaging.
• The image consulting professional and it’s features.
• The Image Consultant and its characteristics.
• The objective of the image consulting.
• How to capture the image of the client with objectivity.
• The image iconology and its symbolism.
• The physical characteristics and its relationship with personal image.
• Understand and well advise a client.
• Recognize the customer's style.
• Enhance the style of a client without changing it.
• Customer Psychology.
• How to advise the client according to their position, needs and age.
Visual study of the human body
• The concept of typology and types of people according to their morphology.
• The human figure: actual proportions and idealized proportions.
• Body movement: body, arms-hands, leg.
• The importance of body language: the ratio of face, body and movement.
• The overall image.
• Types of face and the ideal proportions of the face and factions.
• Anatomical lines of the face. The communicative triangle and its graphical representation.
• The counseling process and design of corrections.
• Face accessories (optics).
• Harmony between different aspects of the clients’ personal image: their physical characteristics, makeup, hairstyle, clothing and accessories.
• The concept of Etiquette, social customs and social skills.
• The Etiquette on the basis of the event: social, political, religious, business.
• Social activities: introductions and greetings, visits and invitations, Etiquette during dinner.
• The importance of the poise.
• Male and female Etiquette.
Ten steps of the counseling process
1. Getting information through observation and interviewing guidelines.
2. Identification of needs, demands and preferences of the client.
3. Assessment of client statuses of skin, hair and body.
4. Analysis of the overall image of the client.
5. Proposal preparation based on the collected data.
6. Preparation of the Image Advice Form.
7. Advising the client about its personal image.
8. Participation of different specialists (hairdressers, makeup artists ...)
9. Feed-back to the client.
10. Development of the continuity plan.
What is a personal shopper?
• The shopping expert
• Identification of client’s personal style: preferences, priorities and needs.
• The personal shopper functions. Routes of shops and how to navigate on them.
• How to plan the shopping experience.
• How a personal shopper moves in a store without being influenced by the visual.
• Practice of the personal shopper service.
• Personal Shopper plus: expert in gifts, travel and home organization.
The styling in clothing and beauty complete the process of personal counseling. The constant evolutions of fashion continuously transform personal styles and clothing. Factors such as color and its symbolism and forms applied to the face, body and hair perfect the overall design of our image.
History and influence of fashion in society
• What is fashion? How it arose?
• La Haute Couture, the beginning of a career.
• Style icons that have shaped the aesthetic ideal.
• 90’s to present: new concept of luxury.
• Current fashion and trends.
Color and its symbolism in personal image
• Color applied to image consulting.
• The influence of light, tone and shadows.
• The color test practice.
• Combinatorial of colors in the styling.
• Garment fabrics identification. Natural or artificial fibers.
• Classification of fabrics according to its texture.
• How to distinguish a taffeta from twill?
• Fall or volume?
• Choose the fabric and garment for every occasion.
• Finishing and treatment.
• Learn to understand the label of a garment and its symbols of conservation.
Dressing style: outdated fashion, the never ever style.
• What is the difference between elegance and style?
• Types of styles, aesthetic concepts and how to make a book of styles.
• Types of garments and harmony between them.
• Clothing and its impact on the personal image.
• The proportions of the human body.
• Optical corrections through clothing.
• The importance of accessories.
• Male and female wardrobe.
• The outfits for every occasion
• Concept of Make-up.
• Beauty and male and female typologies.
• Identification of the skin and solar care.
• Essential cosmetics for your skin.
• The makeup case and the brushes of the makeup artist.
• Social Makeup: Makeup and application methods.
• Types of makeup: day, evening, night and fantasy.
• Corrections design through makeup.
• Self Makeup.
• Man and beauty: facial care and cosmetics.
Hair: short or long? ¿Staples or highlights??
• Study of hair: structure and typologies.
• Care and specific cosmetics.
• Design of corrections: cuts and techniques.
• Color: dyes, highlights and streaks.
• Male beauty: hair care and shaving.
• From smooth to wavy: their secrets.
• Pigtails and collected: techniques and utensils.
• Body cosmetics.
The corporate image is a value from differentiation and positioning of companies. It is the set of aspects that make up your personality, the way in which firms convey who are, what are, what they do and how they do it. The professional in corporate counsel is responsible to define and apply it correctly.
Corporate image consulting
• What is the corporate image consulting?
• The Advisor of image and his team of collaborators.
• Functions of image consulting.
• Collective image consulting: uniforms, style guides, ...
Branding and Corporate Image
• What is a brand? Brand vs. company
• Branding applied to image consulting
• Components of the company’s image and its dimension
• Calendar of campaigns.
• Corporate image, the face of a company
• Three levels of brand’s visual representation: representative, abstract and symbolic.
• Trademarks and legal effects.
• Symbolism and interpretation of colors
• The most popular colors (and least appreciated too)
• How the context determines the effect: the theory of the black
• What are the psychological colors?
• New Trends in Color
Space as a claim of the company
• Public and private space consultancy.
• The walls, the furniture, lighting and details
• The setting of a conference, a booth and a product presentation.
• The visual communication in commerce.
• Advertising at the Point of Sale
• Partners: architects, interior designers, lighting ...
• The organization of the official public events.
• The social distinctions and titles of nobility. Anthems and Flags.
• The conferences, events, corporate events and activities of a company
• Different types of business structures and departments
• Introductions, greetings and visits
• Invitations, travel leisure and work
• Gifts: types, when to make them and receive them.
• Who and what makes a professional shopper.
• How works the Department of Purchases of a company.
• The store concept through a professional shopper.
• The target and profile of our customers.
• The creation of collection panels.
• Key and essential clothing, basic apparel, trend or storefront garments.
• Publishing field and types of online and offline publication.
• The operation of the profession.
• Creating styles for fashion publications
• Working with the team: space locators, prop managers, photographers, makeup artists, ...
• The location as an environment for creation.
• Calendar of campaigns.
Ten steps of the corporate assessment process:
1. Internal information: Rules of observation for executive and middle management interviews.
2. External information: Market analysis and the supply and demand law.
3. Identification of the needs, demands and preferences of the company.
4. Identity manual, communication processes and their application.
5. Analysis of the overall image of the company.
6. Development of the proposal change or modification.
7. Completing the Corporate Advisory Form.
8. Consulting of corporative image at all levels of the company
9. Involvement of different specialists (graphic designers, advertisers, media agencies...)
10. Feed-back with the client and development of the continuity plan.
The brand’s communication is achieved through its corporate image and identity; values such as coaching, business etiquette, NLP and Brand self make up the knowledge that the team of a company should implement to achieve a corporate image of success.
Communication: an essential prop
• What is business communication?
• Internal and external communication.
• Offline and online communication tools.
• Social Networking 2.0. Inditex case.
• Alternative Communication: Buzz marketing, marketing and Street and Cross marketing – click here
• The benefits of a good campaign. Desigual case
Cool hunting and trends applied to the corporate image
• Cool hunting: what is it and how is the profession.
• Macro and micro trends.
• The process of creation of a trend.
• Identification and implementation of creative trends.
• Scenarios and hot cities.
• Management of trends: how to use information.
Brand Event Planner
• The event: the key moment of the corporate communication.
• The image consultant as an event organizer
• Types of events: campaigns, inaugurations, product launches, fairs, parades etc.
• The Production of the Event: briefing, research, contra briefing and negotiation.
• The Details of the event: from the invitation to the plan B
• Music, animation and entertainment.
• Good use of planning tools: retro timing, timing, rundown and road-book.
Personal communication techniques
• The personal communication in the image consulting.
• The body, oral and written expression.
• Communicate clearly and effectively.
• Public Speaking: Speaking in public and in the media.
• The stage fright. Techniques and resources to manage it.
• Counseling process
Leadership, coaching and motivation
• The leadership as a personal process. Leadership in work teams
• The leader competencies: motivation, communication, NLP, management of emotions, conflict negotiation.
• Coaching in organizations
• The process of training of a coach.
• The art of management.
• How does our work produce successful results?
• Business Motivation.
Personal Brand and Creation your own business
• Personal Marketing: the ability to sell yourself and your work.
• Principles of the marketing mix applied to our brand.
• How to create my own company?
• Preparation of the business plan.
• Networking and teamwork.
Communicating our work
• Creating a professional blog.
• Give visibility to our blog.
• Making effective presentations.
To complete the academic formation is necessary to develop a creative and innovative project where all theoretical and practical knowledge acquired during the course are applied.
The project is divided into two parts, the first at the end of Module 2 will focus on advice on personal image and the second at the end of Module 4 will focus on advise on corporate image.
• Briefing and contra briefing
• Mentored project phase.
• Presentation of the final proposal and approval of the Mentor.
• Final project development
The program is taught in Spanish.
• The program includes theory and actual practices.
• Ártidi teaching team is formed by active professionals.
• In Ártidi we annually conduct the In Company training in more than 20 companies of different sectors. This contact with companies allows us to adapt our training programs to the reality of today's market covering and meeting the needs of the companies.
• Ártidi offers optimal facilities for the training of Professional Image Consultants (hair & make up area, dressing room, color test, materials and products storage, photo call, among other facilities).
• We allocate part of the annual budget to research, innovate and renew our job board.
• After completing the course a Professional Counselor advises students about job opportunities considering their studies; professional experience and personalized SWOT analysis.
• We organize small groups to provide a more personalized training.
• In Ártidi we have surpassed 200 appearances in different national and international media that point us as the top leaders in the field we teach.
The faculty is composed of active professionals with national and international recognition in different brands. It is a team that integrates training with business reality.
• Estíbaliz Ginestà (Image Consultant, designer and stylist)
• MercèMiguel (Image Consultant and Personal Shopper)
• Judith Amabat(Image Consultant and Personal Shopper)
• Silvia Foz(Image Consultant, personal marketing expert)
• Dori Fernández (Marketing and alternative communication actions)
• Miriam Torres (Expert in branding and brand image)
• David Gómez(Window dresser and Visual freelance)
• Núria Grases(Coach, an expert on leadership and communication)
• Monica Ibáñez(Professional Shopper and Visual Merchandiser)
• Dani Moon(Hair & Make-Up, an expert in image and makeup)
• Ursula Uria(Cool hunter and responsible of agency Nelly Rodi in Spain)
• Isis del Cueto(BA in Art History and a PhD in Audiovisual Communication)
• Javier Blanco(Sculptor and decorator, Bachelor of Fine Arts)
• Collaboration of STUDIOTEX,experts in fabrics
Check on the guidance department the teachers for each edition.
• Management of multidisciplinary teams on personal and corporate image.
• Innovative techniques to create trends in image consulting.
• Select professionals involved in the implementation of image consulting, styling and beauty advice (makeup artists, hairdressers, ...).
• Assess the needs of customers according to their social profile and profession.
• Evaluation of the results of the process of change in wardrobe.
• Develop consulting and continuity plans according to customer.
• Advise on fashion styling for catalogs, fashion shows, showrooms, cinema, theater and television.
• Special training as Professional Shopper.
• Train store staff on personal shopper knowledge and personal image consulting.
• Participate in the creation of the Corporate Identity Manual and assist on its adoption process.
• Diagnose the needs of the companies based on the analysis of the market.
• Influencing the improvement of the corporate image of the company.
• Achieve an improvement in the social position of the company.
• Motivate the staff of the company to adopt the changes implemented in the image.
• Coordinate the work of graphic designers, publicists, communication managers ... toward the same direction.
• Propose new forms of visual communication to companies.
More than 70 national and international companies collaborate with Ártidi. These agreements, our involvement and our innovation make possible for our students to be present at companies such as INDITEX, Armani, Hugo Boss, Custo Barcelona, Cortefiel, Springfield, Nike, Adidas, H & M, C & A, IKEA, Conforama, Jack & Jones, White, Diesel, Desigual, Mango, Corte Inglés, Coronel Tapioca, Tous, among others.
Professional degree: Double degree at Personal and Corporate Image Consultancy.
Qualifications: European Expert on Professional Image Consultancy
Accreditation: SQA Professional Card as European Expert on Professional Image Consultancy.
Granted by Ártidi Advanced School of Window Dressing and Visual Merchandising. National and international professional competitions.
Aimed at professionals in industries such as fashion, design, sales, marketing, business management, image consultants, window dressing, visual merchandisers, as well as people without previous training in the field wishing to obtain knowledge and certification SQA ÁRTIDI to guide your career.
More information: Studies Department