The course of Introduction to Conceptual Window Dressing prepares you to get a basic knowledge of those elements involved in the field of window dressing, from the processes of visual communication to the most avant-garde and detail strategies of decorative work or styling in mannequins.
The professional profile of the window dresser is of great importance for companies since the storefront is the best introduction to your company’s name. Visual communication has considerable influence on potential customers and the key to success is to know how to communicate with them.
Ártidi forms passionate and creative professionals able to change the consumer’s perception, at the same time than looking for innovation and enjoying their job.
The BQA course has 35 hours taught from a theoretical and practical methodology in order to gain a basic understanding of the design, creation and installation of a showcase.
Methodology and design in window dressing
• Syntactic laws of visual and aesthetic language.
• Design and classification of showcases according to different typologies.
• Fusion of the worlds of art and sale - click here
• New trends: Interactive Showcase - click here
• AINDAS: The consumer decision process.
• Timming in the development of a window dressing project.
• The importance of visual merchandising
Direction and artistic creation of showcases
• The idea, design and implementation.
• The process of preparing a showcase.
• Mounting techniques and strategies.
• Planning and organization of tasks and work teams.
Branding and Alternative Comunication
• The power of a brand and branding principles.
• Communication strategies and brand awareness.
• Alternative communication actions: Buzz marketing, Cross marketing and Street marketing - click here
Product & Fashion Placement in Window Dressing
• Expository techniques depending on the target and the brand
• The urban life of the product
• Effective presentation by product
• The composition of the different product lines: footwear, kitchenware, perfumes, jewelry, optical, fashion, pharmacy etc.
Fashion and art in mannequins
• Mannequins, busts and other format typologies.
• The mannequin in space: location and interpretation.
• Wiring, wrinkles, iron, needles and accessories.
• Trends and innovative styling - click here
Materials and dialogue with the space
• Types of materials and construction techniques.
• The cultural and emotional weight of the materials.
• Design and construction of exhibition and commercial decorations.
Light, concept and form
• Systems and methods of illumination and light sources.
• Influence of light depending on the type of product.
• Lighting projects through examples.
After completing this course the students will mount a real showcase.
The program is taught in Spanish.
• Ártidi is the only training center that has performed the professional qualifications with the ICQP (Official Agency of the Generalitat de Catalunya).
• Ártidi’s teaching team consists of active professionals.
• Via the web ARTIDI WORKING, students have the opportunity to rent or sell the showcases/storefronts created during the course, allowing the promotion and recovery of the amount invested for new projects. ARTIDI WORKING is located at the top of search engines like Google and Yahoo. - click here
• In Ártidi we annually conduct In-Company training to more than 20 companies from different sectors such as Nike, Adidas, Chambers of Commerce, Freipan among others. This contact with companies allows us to adapt our training programs to the reality of today's market and meeting the businesses needs.
• Artidi offers optimal facilities for the training in window dressing and visual merchandising (40 windows, pilot shop, equipped workshops, 3D design classroom, and mannequins ... among other equipment) - click here
The faculty is comprised of working professionals with national and international professional recognition in different brands. A team that integrates training with business reality.
• José Luis Martínez (General Director of Ártidi and trainer of trainers at ICE of the University of Barcelona)
• Monica Ibáñez (Visual image of Coordinator Trucco company)
• Dori Fernández (Expert in Marketing and alternative communication)
• David Gómez (Window dresser and Visual freelance)
• Jackeline Jorba (Window Dresser and Visual Freelance)
See the guidance department for each edition’s teachers.
• Design, construction and installation of showcases.
• Placement of different lines, types of products and services.
• Techniques and strategies for mannequin’s outfits.
• Creativity as a work tool.
• Knowledge of store opening.
ARTIDI offers a course pack + hotel accommodation thanks to an agreement with a hotel chain of Barcelona. Check availability and price school secretary.
More information: Studies Department